Sunday, March 31, 2013

Action Research Progress


I have made minimal progress with my action research plan. I was inactive in the program during the fall 2012 semester so I have not completed as many courses as I probably could have had I not been forced to miss that one semester. I do feel that missing that time has somewhat put me behind. I feel that the courses that I am taking are somewhat out of order but that has not deterred me from my goal. I have tried to complete some activities so I have made some progress. I have completed my parent surveys with the help of my school team members who have been very helpful. I still like the idea of trying to increase parent involvement. I think that learning about this topic will not only benefit me but my schools students and staff members. Parent involvement plays a crucial role in education and parents need to understand the importance of them being actively involved. I have also had a lot of changes with assistant principals at my school so I have had to constantly reshuffle some of my activities. With this being said, I do feel that I will be able to accomplish all of my documented tasks. I have had some things occur that has definitely slowed my progression but I know that will be able to complete my action research plan. I will definitely have to keep pushing myself and make any necessary adjustments to any problems that may arise in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment