Sunday, April 22, 2012
Action Research Topic
Three topics that I have considered for my action research project are parent involvement in schools, student conflict resolution and increasing teacher morale. I am 98% positive that parent involvement is what I will choose because it such a huge problem at the school I work at. I also believe that parent involvement plays a huge role not only in their child's academic success but their success in life. Many parents feel that is the teachers job alone to help their child learn when in reality the majority of the responsibility falls on them as parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am currently going to be working on the same topic. My wondering is going to be, what beginning of the year procedures can we put into place to increase and encourage our parental involvement throughout the school year. Then I am going to follow it up with activities throughout each 6 weeks to provide our parents with plenty of opportunities to volunteer and have a positive experience on our campus. It seems that too many of our parents only get called or invited to the campus if their child is in trouble. If their child is doing what they are supposed to, normally that parent has no contact with the school except a report card! I feel that by providing more positive experiences, it will create a feeling in our parents that we are all on the same team when it comes to their child's education. Can't wait to read the ideas you come up with!
ReplyDeleteIf parental involvement is a key issue and opportunity for further investigation, then move forward with that topic.
ReplyDeleteDr. Mason
Please load your full Action Research Plan so that I can provide feedback.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Dr. Mason